THE 10 COMMANDMENTS OF REAL ESTATE
When Applying For a Mortgage
Bev Leonhardt, Senior Loan Officer
American Mortgage Service Company
Thinking of buying that new refrigerator for the home you are purchasing?
Considering opening that 0% interest credit card at Best Buy?
THINK AGAIN.....otherwise you may not get that home you've written a contract on.
1. Thou shalt not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
2. Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van (or you may be living in it)!!
3. Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind.
4. Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
5. Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Thou shalt not buy furniture.
7. Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
8. Thou shalt not make large deposits without checking with your loan officer.
9. Thou shalt not change bank accounts.10. Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.