You might be overstuffed of Derby pie if you live in Louisville, but for those that may have watched the Kentucky Derby on TV and still think there is no problem celebrating with a wonderful dessert, then try this recipe. You will love it!
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 9" deep dish pie crust (frozen or refrigerated)
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lay pie crust in bottom of pie dish.
3. In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until butter melts & sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, mix eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
5. Slowly mix sugar mixture into egg mixture & stir constantly.
6. Stir in chocolate chips & pecans. Pour entire mixture into pie crust.
7. Cook for 50 minutes or until pie is set and a golden brown.
8. Let it cool on a wire rack.
*Hint: Put a non-stick cookie sheet under the pie to keep droppings from burning in your oven.
Serve it warm with ice cream , serve it at room temperature....