Market Update for Louisville, Kentucky
- Price rebound: 68% say prices will be higher by the end of 2012.
- Today’s prices: 29% below the peak reached during the housing bubble.
- Demand for lower-priced properties: 80% of agents say it’s good or very good.
- Demand for homes in the middle-price ranges: 71% rate it as fair to good.
- Demand for high-priced homes: 58% call it poor to fair.
- Interest rates are in the high 3's and low 4's.
- Roughly one third are first-time buyers. Another third are homeowners looking to sell so they can move up or downsize. The remainder are mostly investors, who believe the market has hit bottom.
- One in five buyers pays cash, receiving an average discount of 15%.
Want to discuss the opportunities in today's market?